Get to know the best online favicon generators so that you have a selection of your favorite websites open in different tabs at the same time; precisely so that you keep platforms such as Google, Facebook or YouTube accessible and stay alert to their notifications while you work with your computer.
What is online favicon generator?
Favicon is a generator with which you can transform image formats such as JPG, GIF and PNG into favicon.ico files using different image size options ranging from 16 x 12 to 128 x 128 pixels, with which you choose the icon you require.
On the other hand, it offers you six languages to access it, among which Spanish, English, French, Italian, Portuguese and German stand out.
In short, a favicon, whose name translates as favorites icon, is a small image that you associate with a certain website, to facilitate quick access to it.
Meet the best favicon generators online
You will find the favicon generators that we have selected for you available on the web, with versatile and intuitive information on how you can generate images accepted by this system in each of your online sites; they are the following:
- favicon.zyro.com, free and one of the most recommended, has professionally designed preset icons.
- Favicon-generator.org, with an online editor to make it easy for you to create your icon.
- FavIcon.pro, does not include an editor; but it easily converts jpg, png and gif images into .ico files.
- Dynamic Drive – Favicon generator, accepts transparent background images, has an editor with simple but functional tools.
- Favicon.cc, is free and one of the best recommended, with color selector, supports transparency in icons and more.
- Genfavicon, allows you to generate favicons of different sizes, is free and easy to use.
- Favic-o-Matic, with which you can only create a favico.ico file.
- RealFaviconGenerator.net is compatible with popular platforms by offering favicon modification options.
- Xiconeditor.com, this versatile and powerful online favicon icon generator, incorporates tools such as brush, pencil, beam, text editor and more.
Some other top online favicon generators that you can try are: Antifavicon.com, Webestools, logaster.com, favico.com, faviconit.com, prodraw.net, and icoconverter.com, among a few more.
How to create your own favicon?
If you want to create your own favicon, you just have to follow the steps that we describe below:
- Start by creating a 16x16px document using an image editor such as Gimp or Photoshop. To which you must assign the following parameters width 16, height 16, resolution 72, RGB color, with transparent background content and image size of 768 bytes and save it.
- Import the logo you are interested in, use the document you have created, which will be transformed directly to the established size and save your changes.
- Now you have a logo in the size that interests you to use it in your personal favicon.
- Export this image to .png format and save it in a folder where you can later access it to convert it to .ico format.
- Access the image saved in .png format and using favicon.cc transform it into an icon.
- Once your favicon is created, you only have to download it through the doenload Favicon tab.
- Next, upload the .ico file via FTP to the website where you want to use it and save it in its main directory.
- As soon as you upload it, refresh the page and view it by pressing the following key combination in the Windows operating system: Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R. For OSX systems use press CMD + Shift + R.
Although the process seems complicated at first glance, it is simpler than you imagine, you just create a document, for example, in Photoshop, size 16×16, add a logo to apply it to it, export it in png format; which you transform into an icon and upload it via FTP to your favorite web page.
As indicated above, you will find different favicon generators, so you can select the one that is most practical and convenient for you. Each one of them has particular characteristics that adapt to your needs and demands, try them.